- School Life
- Parent Zone
- Student Zone
- Teaching and Learning
- Examination Results
- KS4 Curriculum
- Subject areas
- GCSE Options
- The Pupil Premium
- Year 7 catch up – Maths and English
Careers Advice and Guidance: Sherry England.
I am based in Alder for 2 days per week – Monday and Tuesday.
My role in school involves working with young people in Years 9-11 offering information, advice and guidance in order to help plan for your future, make informed and realistic decisions and manage a successful career.
In an ever changing and complex technological world it is more important than ever before that young people get excellent advice and guidance required to ensure that they are able to navigate the huge array of choices available and get the right skills and experience required for future employment.
How careers advice can help:-
- An opportunity to think and talk about your plans on a one to one basis with a trained, independent and impartial adviser.
- Raise aspirations and increase motivation to success in GCSE’s and beyond.
- Help with making decisions related to your options after school, whether it is college, sixth form, apprenticeships or other study programmes. I can help you choose the best pathway for you.
- Help with college or job applications.
- Contacting colleges for you if you have not heard from them, have missed appointments or changed your mind on courses.
- Help with putting together CVs and covering letters for job applications.
- Help to search for job/apprenticeship vacancies and how to apply for them.
- Help to consider options post 18 and research them so that you can choose the right pathways/ subjects and courses at 16.
- Working with Parents - attending parent’s evenings and contacting parents if required.
I am available over the school holidays and will be contacting Year 11s to ensure you are all happy with your plans and offer appointments if necessary.
You can contact me in school on my school days (extension 1343) by email email@example.com or by telephone 0161 9656
Please visit www.positive-steps.org.uk for further information.