The exam season commences on Monday 16th of May. I would like to take this opportunity to make you aware of our expectations in terms of the conduct of students during this period but also wish all of the Alder Class of 2022 the very best of luck in each and every exam over the coming weeks.
All students must report to their form room each morning to gain their morning attendance mark. Students are expected to continue to attend school and all lessons as normal when they are not in an exam. If the exams are finished in a particular subject, students will be able to revise for other subjects during that lesson time.
Please support us in ensuring that the correct procedures are adhered to by going through the following key points with your child:
- It is essential that they arrive to every examination on time.
- They must wear the correct school uniform as they would normally do.
- No food or drink is allowed except water. The water bottle must have no label and be see through.
- Unauthorized items such as written notes, mobile phones and smart watches must not be brought into the examination.
- Coats and bags must not be brought into the examination.
- Students must arrive fully equipped with the correct stationery.
The following guidance is to support your child in what can be a difficult and often stressful time. Try to ensure that they:
- Eat as healthily as possible.
- Stay hydrated.
- Sleep well keeping regular sleep patterns.
- Revise often but in short sessions (30 minutes maximum).
- Read the questions carefully in the examination. Is it a descriptive question?, an analytical question? What is it asking you to do?
It is perfectly normal for your child to feel some level of stress and anxiety during this period. If however they become very vulnerable and are not coping even after support from yourself, then please let the school know and we will endeavour to provide further support. If this is the case then contact your child’s Progress Leader Miss Littlemore, or the Exams Officer Mr Muddiman.
Students will finish for study leave at May half term, after that they will only be required to attend lessons where the exams have not yet finished. Quiet study areas will also be made available around school for those who prefer or find it easier to study in school. More details about the arrangements for study leave will be issued nearer the half term break.
If you have any queries of questions about the exams please do not hesitate to contact me at school.
Mr S. Muddiman
Assistant Headteacher (Examinations)