Our curriculum creates academically competitive students in Tameside. We offer high academic, vocational and technical ambition for all students, enabling them to succeed in school and beyond.
In doing this, we ensure we:
• Provide a sequenced, knowledge rich curriculum where students know more and remember more
• Enrich our students through a diverse and broad curriculum
• Develop vocabulary, reading and oracy strategies to challenge social disadvantage
• Embed opportunities to develop cultural capital
• Build independent, resilient thinkers
Key Stage 3 Curriculum
In KS3 (years 7-9) students follow a 50 periods per fortnight timetable made up of the following subjects. More information about the curriculum content can be found by following the links to the subject pages.
Key Stage 4 Curriculum
Before the start of KS4 (years 10-11), students are guided formally towards a personalised curriculum, through the pathways process, which meets their individual needs and aspirations. The following subject are currently available to students at KS4. More information about the curriculum content can be found by following the links to the subject pages.